Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Making an Appointment with Dr. Mabuse

Not sure what happened, but about the time I finished watching EMMANUELLE IN AMERICA yesterday I started to feel like crap. (Can a flick actually give you the flu?) The wife has been dealing with a cold for a couple weeks now and I've somehow avoided coming down with whatever she has. Instead, I got something totally different – headache, body ache, chills, sweats, the works. Whatever I had, mixed with the Thera Flu and NyQuil cocktail I took before bed, produced several strange dreams, including one in which we named our daughter Susan Louise but called her Sulu and another in which I watched a movie called EMMANUELLE: GIRL DETECTIVE.

Today I woke up feeling like I'd spent the night drinking boxed wine, even though the closest I came to booze was taking a whiff of the two bottles of coffee liqueurs delivered to my door courtesy of Starbucks. Still not feeling quite right but I'm hoping the worst of whatever I had has passed.

Luckily, I've made an appointment for this afternoon with DR. MABUSE VS. SCOTLAND YARD in the hopes that a lil' Klaus krimi action will help drive out the rest of the demons.

No comments: