Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Eurospy Poster-Gasm (and Bonus VHS-Gasm)

I spend a lot of time in my office here at home. Probably a good six hours or so a day, even more when I get immersed in a big project like I'm working on now. So I decided that while I've loved assembling my Kinski Kollection I haven't really been appreciating it. Sure, I have a few pieces loitering on my bookshelf but I thought it might be fun – and help me push the Kinski guide along – if the mass of DVDs and VHS tapes, along with the magazines and a few choice collectibles, were on display for me to see each day.

Hauling everything out and rearranging my bookshelf was a start, but I realized that I have so much Kinski stuff that's not on commercial DVD that I needed to replace my slimline cases and low-rent CD-style jewel cases with custom DVD cases.

Admittedly, finding poster artwork for some of these flicks, like THE PLEASURE GIRLS or MAN, PRIDE, VENGEANCE is easier said than done. But I had a fair amount of success last night and even stumbled upon two art archives that should appeal to a few of you trashers.

First up is this Eurospy Poster Collection. The guy who houses it -- David J Deal -- wrote a Eurospy Guide as well as a 70s TV horror movie book. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you can find the links to some Komissar X and Jerry Cotton posters, too. But it was the Eurospy collection I found most inspiring!

And for those of us who remember the good old days of standing in the video store and drinking in the trashy, goofy, stoopid, lurid and fun VHS box art, you can spend hours at CoverBrowser.com. I immediately recognized tons of flicks that I passed up back in the day, only to realize now that those boxes houses Eurotrash classics I've come to know and love.

NOTE: If you purchase an item via our Amazon links we receive a small referral fee, somewhere between 0% and 10% of your order, depending upon the item. Thanks for your support!

No comments: