Thursday, September 27, 2012

Another Kinski Co-Star Bites the Dust

When I heard the news that Herbert Lom had passed away I was pretty surprised.

Not because I figured Lom, who died earlier today at age 95, was the picture of health or anything like that. It's just that I was almost positive Lom was already dead. In fact, I was pretty sure I'd already posted a tribute to him on this blog. (If I did, my apologies to the Lom estate!)

Lom, of course, is best known for his role as Inspector Clouseau's boss in the PINK PANTHER flicks starring Peter Sellers, the unused footage of Peter Sellers and to a far, far lesser extent Ted Wass. But here at The Kinski Files he'll always have a special place in our heart for his Eurotrash turns as Van Helsing in Jess Franco's EL CONDE DRACULA and as a prison warden in Franco's sweaty women-in-prison flick 99 WOMEN.

Check out the NY Times obit.

No comments: