Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Say Hi to Ryan

As regular readers of this blog know, my wife and I have been expecting our first child. In the midst of LeBron James' bust out playoff performance on Thursday night Chris let me know that she was pretty sure she was in labor (To which I replied, "Did you see that dunk by LeBron?!" I don't think I was quite ready yet).

By Friday morning we were pretty convinced that this was the real deal and our doctor confirmed it. Around noon we were on our way to the hospital and getting whisked in to a delivery room. A few hours later all 20.5" and 7 lbs. 2 oz. of Ryan Taylor arrived kicking and screaming in this world.

To say that the birth of my daughter was one of the most surreal experiences of my life is a bit of an understatement. It brings a certain clarity and focus to your life that wasn't there before and makes you think that all the crap you've gone through, mistakes you've made, near disasters you somehow lived through, everything you've done was somehow leading up to this.

I know, that's some heavy philosophical bs from a guy who writes a blog called The Klaus Kinski Files, but as Dalton says in ROAD HOUSE, "Nobody wins a fight." I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but that's what Ryan and I were watching last night so it sorta stuck with me.

We'll probably be a little light on posts until our schedules go from topsy-turvy to just discombobulated, but I'm sure you can understand.

No comments: